It does, however, create a marriage record for unknown and unknown.

-----Original Message----- From: MikeFry
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:49 AM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Entering a sibling without parents

On 25 Feb 2016 3:13 AM, Ed Ladendorf via LegacyUserGroup wrote:

For a long time, because of several strong indications, I was reasonably sure that Susanna Schommer was a sister to my g-grandmother, Maria Schommer. Now I
finally have proof of that. When I went to enter a sibling for Maria, I
recieved a message saying that siblings cannot be entered without first
having a parent.

I have no information whatsoever as to what their parents' names were, so in
my mind, not entering a sibling would be a sin. She needs to be there so
someone other than myself could have a shot of finding something I couldn't yet find. So I entered a mother with the given name of "Not", and the surname of "Known". The sibling was then added successfully. Has anyone else had this
problem, and if so, how did you handle it?

In a past existence (Legacy 7.5) it was possible, with a parent-less person on
show in the Family tab, to double-click on the empty parents and have the
program 'create' blank parents. You could then add a sibling to the original, parent-less person. No parents were actually created. This no longer seems to
work under version 8.0

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)