Thank you everyone for the explanations and I really like the samples. I am
new to research in England - just getting started.  Lots of flexibility
over the years, isn't there.  Much studying and research on the history is
ahead before I can really do more accurate genealogy data entry.  I have
printed off all the notes for closer study.  I had seen discussion on
locations but not specifically for England.  Thanks again for taking the
time to answer my questions so positively.  I am beginning to see why I
can't find some of the ancestors - I'm probably looking in the wrong place,
wrong record set.
Linda