In the face of declining economic conditions, a process of
> Balkanization has made Africa unlivable. Davidson, who was assigned to work
> with Tito during WWII by the British army, argues that the implosion of
> various African states--including the Congo--is no different than what has
> taken place in Yugoslavia.
>
> Louis Proyect

Interesting- we are now saying that the implosion of Yugo wasn't mainly a machination
of the economic realities of the end of the cold war, and that it was deliberately
helped along and provoked by Imperialists in Germany and the USA, but rather
inevitable because it existed on top of simmering nations, that would have to come up
and re-assert themselves on cultural and border lines? Eeeps!

Macdonald