> Richard Gott, per
> contra, is not only a real marxist and revolutionary, and a man who worked
> successfully for the KGB while employed as a journo at the Grauniad, he is also a
> man who put his life where his money is not once but at least twice. Of course,
> this
> validates nothing in his views about the Congo.

Gott: Did he not just write on H.Chavez?  Any reviews on the book? I've thought about
getting a hold of it- I am intrigued to find out more about this new Bolivarist.

> As for Kabila, he was just another slave-selling SOB and we should not make a
martyr
> out of his fat carcass. IMHO.

We should learn, IMHO, not to worry about "martyr or villain" dynamics, but rather
figure out if he indeed *was* whacked by people choked at him for not paying off
western debts,... that seems like a good plan on my part. Kabila seems part of a new
tradition of the lefts very own "3rd way", seperate from that of Blair, Schroeder,
etc. That way being where the struggle is an attempt to come up with small
incremental gains like Chavez' that are sufficient to actually improve less the lives
of people, but the conditions for struggle. Again, IMHO, it seems that the ability
for an African leader to squeeze in such little gains in sovereignty are not to be
allowed. Africa is still being crushed on the bottom, and treated far harsher than
all the others comibined.

Macdonald