On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Dave Loyall <david.loy...@nebraska.gov>wrote:

> I seem to have left out the second video link:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-dUkyn_fZA

Thanks for this video.  It does indeed prove that anything that can be
done with Leo can be done in Emacs.  But we knew that.

It doesn't really address the question of how easy and natural it is to do
any of it:

- The programming will be in elisp.
- The outline view is really just all text.
- No clones and all the mindset that goes with it.
- The elisp script that parses a node would be 10x smaller as a Leo
(Python) script.

Still, it's an impressive video.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Competition between editors is always good.  There are several aspect that
would be good to emulate: better LaTeX integration, for example.

I'll never willingly use Emacs.  It's good that Emacs users can simulate
Leo's features ;-)