On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for this video.  It does indeed prove that anything that can be
> done with Leo can be done in Emacs.  But we knew that.

I don't think I've mentioned in this thread that external files created by
org mode are, in essence, @nosent files. This is an extreme limitation of
org mode for programming, as opposed to script writing.

The picture to keep in mind:  org-mode files are almost exact equivalents
of .leo files, *not* of external files created by Leo.  No import, no
@shadow, no @auto.  And of course, no sentinels!  You could also say that
all Emacs files are @edit files ;-)

My guess is that Emacs users just have no idea that there is any other way
to program.  After all, "everybody" uses Emacs (or vim), so what more could
one ask for?

> Competition between editors is always good.  There are several aspect that
> would be good to emulate: better LaTeX integration, for example.

My attitude is the same as Walt Disney's, "I can innovate faster than
other people can imitate".  Many Emacs users probably feel the same way
;-)  That's what makes the competition interesting and valuable.  Both
camps learn from the other.

Thanks, Dave, for heating up the competition!