On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com>wrote:

If @auto can be made to have the advantages of @file, and I am fairly
> confident that it can, then there is a clear path to providing all of Leo's
> features in Emacs, vim or Eclipse.

No.  I was mistaken ;-)

A world (org-mode) in which everything is fundamentally just text simply
can not duplicate Leo's features.  In particular, there is no place to
place non-text data such as is found in Leo's vnodes.  This means that
there is no place to put gnx's, and thus no way to implement clones
reliably.

In other words a leo-mode would be fundamentally different from org-mode.
In the model-view-controller model of programs, Leo's model has true Python
objects; org-mode's model is just text.

Furthermore, the org-move view is inferior to Leo's view.  The major change
I made to MORE was to separate the outline pane from the body pane.  I have
never regretted the change: it means that outline structure never gets
interrupted by body text.  org-mode uses the inferior MORE scheme.

In short, the only way to correct the deficiencies of org-mode would be to
implement the true Leo way in Emacs.  This could be done.  I'm hoping that
the planned changes to @auto will make that prospect more likely.  I'll say
more about coexisting with Emacs in vim in another thread.