On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 5:28 PM Félix <felixgra...@gmail.com> wrote:

haha we're both stuck trying to install and run each other's product!

> I installed python 3 (latest from python.org) and leo from sources on
> windows, cd into leo's dir and this is what I get :
>
> D:\prog\leo-editor>py launchLeo.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "launchLeo.py", line 7, in <module>
>     import leo.core.runLeo
>   File "D:\prog\leo-editor\leo\core\runLeo.py", line 25, in <module>
>     import leo.core.leoGlobals as leoGlobals
>   File "D:\prog\leo-editor\leo\core\leoGlobals.py", line 68, in <module>
>     import urllib.parse as urlparse
> ImportError: No module named parse

Hmm.  urllib.parse is part of Python's standard library.  This would be a
major bug in the Python 3.7 distro.

This looks like an installation problem on your end.  In a console, type
`where python`.  It should point at python.exe in the 3.7 distro, but I'm
guessing it doesn't.