> Maybe with Anaconda we need to use a different way to properly invoke the
> environment?
> I forgot the details of why, but for my cmd shell I use this:
>
> %windir%\System32\cmd.exe "/K" C:\Programs\Anaconda3\Scripts\activate.bat

This will invoke conda's root or base environment but not the one created
for project-x. Something more like this (being mindful to balance the
quotes):

%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /K ""C:\Miniconda3\Scripts\activate.bat"
"C:\Miniconda3\envs\leo-editor" && {any other cmd}"

(Responding just to the conda part. I've not done any of the other things
in this thread.)

-matt