On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 10:07:00 AM UTC-5, Thomas Passin wrote:

> The line of "=" characters marks a section break, the text in brackets
> becomes the title, and the date speaks for itself.  The number of "="
> characters in a line doesn't matter as long as 1) the line starts with an
> "=" and 2) there are at least some minimum number of them.
>
> As I see it, when you want to convert one of your text files to
> zettel-hood, you would go through the file and add these section breaks as
> you go.  Then paste the entire thing into a Leo node (or import the file
> into a node), hit a hot key, and the system would split out all your
> zettels, in order, with the titles as the headlines.  They'd all be at the
> same level of indentation.  After that, you could move them into the ZK,
> add organizing zettels, link them, add citations, etc to your heart's
> delight.
>
> Does that sound like it would work for you?

Yes it does.
So prepping a file consists of adding the separators, [title in brackets]
on first line, a space and then the 'created' date (where I see you used
the same YYYY-MM-DD format that is my preference.
Will the system then zettel-ize it with a UID? And where will it place the
title (within the zettel that is)?
And can the 'created' date be automated?  Well, that would be nice, but
since I need to type in the created date anyway I might as well make a
:created: YYYY-MM-DD line.
And if the system extracts the title for the heading, perhaps I need to
copy the title into the 'body', below.  Or it could even differ from the
heading if there is any reason to do that. Can you have multiple identical
headings in an outline? Actually, yes, I've already discovered that you can.

So this gives a way to set the heading from within the zettel, removing a
step from the process.  A bit less overhead, at least when I bring a zettel
in that way.

In the example you posted, "Salmon with Whole Lemon Dressing" is the
heading, and also the title in the rendered pane.  But in the body pane,
what follows the id is "Salmon Lemon Dressing", so the rendered title is
the same as the heading, but not the same as what is in the body pane.