On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 12:10:38 PM UTC-5, andyjim wrote:

> In the example you posted, "Salmon with Whole Lemon Dressing" is the
> heading, and also the title in the rendered pane.  But in the body pane,
> what follows the id is "Salmon Lemon Dressing", so the rendered title is
> the same as the heading, but not the same as what is in the body pane.

That's intentional.  Suppose you want to create a backlink to a node that
doesn't have a title.  It would be good if it did have one, so you could
know whether you want to go look at it.  The command looks to see if the
:id: line already has a title. Then it uses that title, even if it doesn't
match the headline or the label in the sending node.  Otherwise, it uses
the headline as a label for the backlink.

This label is purely for the user's convenience.  It is not used to find
the node to navigate to.  The idea is that you might want a different label
than what's in the headline.  Maybe the headline is too short or too long,
and you want something different.  It's basically visual clutter vs
usefulness.

And you can always change the label in the :id: or :link: lines. That won't
affect the navigation functionality, though it might affect certain
searches.

I'm trying to have the system do as much as possible while still staying
simple and unobtrusive for the user.  I discovered as I started to use my
ZK that I wanted to type in link labels, and that led to the current scheme
where I don't but I can change them if I want to.