On 2013-06-07, at 2:06 PM, Griffin Boyce <griffinbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> micah <mi...@riseup.net> wrote:
>> What about when someone from Riseup promotes Riseup services? :o
>
> Riseup isn't evil, I'm just amused by people who say "no third-party
> services!" and then launch into why people should use their
> third-party provider of choice.  If one wants to say "no
> corporate-owned services," that's a bit of a different argument =)

There's a lot of distasteful side effects with Internet freedom becoming so
politicized due to the inauguration of so many nonprofits dependent on grants,
bureaucracy and professional reputation to survive. A lot of the time people
get to cherry-pick what to attack and what to support based only partially on
security concerns.

NK