Dear Eleanor,

On Sep 30, 2014, at 2:48 PM, Eleanor Saitta <e...@dymaxion.org> wrote:
> I don't have any field stories that I have permission to share, but
> yes, I've heard of specific incidents.

Incidents involving our software?

> More generally, it represents
> an utter lack of awareness on the part of developers for the security
> risk analysis choices faced by individuals actually at risk.

What lack of awareness?

How about you actually try the software before you go around insulting it and
its developers?

> There are very good reasons why tools that attempt to provide
> deniability may actually significantly harm field outcomes, something
> which developers seem to not understand.

And there are very good reasons why this statement of yours is bunk when
applied to Espionage:

http://www.reddit.com/r/security/comments/2b5icu/major_advancements_in_deniable_encryption_arrive/cj24a1n

You are welcome to criticize our software based on knowledge and experience
that you actually have, but don't go around making up nonsense and applying
said nonsense to software that you admit having not tried.

On the other hand, criticizing Espionage for not being free is a fine,
legitimate criticism, and something that I'd be happy to brainstorm with you if
you'd like to find a solution for how to get it to those activists who need it
but cannot afford it.

You can email me privately either at this email about that or to:
cont...@taoeffect.com

My GPG key info is stored in Namecoin at id/greg: dns.dnschain.net/id/greg

Kind regards,
Greg Slepak

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA.