On Oct 2, 2014, at 6:54 AM, Eleanor Saitta <e...@dymaxion.org> wrote:

> On 2014.10.01 04.22, Greg wrote:
> > On Sep 30, 2014, at 2:48 PM, Eleanor Saitta <e...@dymaxion.org>
> > wrote:
> >> I don't have any field stories that I have permission to share,
> >> but yes, I've heard of specific incidents.
> >
> > Incidents involving our software?
>
> No, incidents involving "deniable" encryption systems.

There are different types of deniable encryption systems, with very _different_
deniability properties.

It is therefore erroneous to make sweeping claims about all of them,
*especially* when you haven't looked into the details.

> Have you done field research on the real-world outcomes of deniable
> encryption systems and how they shape the outcome of hostile field
> interrogation?

Unlike you, I've done my homework and researched the deniability properties of
encryption systems and why some are better than others.

In my research, I have not found any information where X deniability system
lead to Y outcome for Z reasons.

If you have such research, please forward it to me, I will read it.

Now, I repeat my previous question/request:

> > How about you actually try the software before you go around
> > insulting it and its developers?

Re this:

> So, game theory is all well and good, but you'll have to excuse me if
> I note that adversaries in the field that are likely to rip your
> fingernails off don't do game theory proofs.

I wasn't the one making game theory proofs. Go back and read again.

> Again, field data or nothing.

If there is no useful field data, I'm afraid you'll just have to be
disappointed.

I can make a quip like this too though: "RTFM or STFU" :P

Kind regards,
Greg

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA.