On Oct 2, 2014, at 4:55 PM, Rich Kulawiec <r...@gsp.org> wrote:

> 1. Well, this has certainly been an interesting discussion, but until
> Espionage is FULLY open-source, it's moot, because it hasn't (yet) been
> exposed to unlimited peer review by arbitrary, independent third parties.
>
> Please see:
>

> https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/liberationtech/2013-March/007499.html

K, thanks for the read (I read it but nothing there seems to apply, perhaps
some of its points will be addressed below).

> Yes, I do note (per the Tao Effect web site) that people can "apply" to
> see the source.
>
> Not good enough.

Stating a thing does not make it true, not matter how many times it is repeated.

It is not "apply". It is apply.

Anyone is welcome, so long as they:

1. Are software security professionals. (Nobody else matters in this context,
after all.)
2. Don't work for government intelligence agencies.
3. Sign the NDA we give them, the salient points of which are enumerated on our
site.

They will be given a free license to Espionage.

Also, you convince me how to keep providing high quality software and support
while simultaneously making Espionage completely free and open source and I
will do it in a flash.

You want free and open source?

Use TrueCrypt.

You want to see Espionage's source?

Apply.

> 2. About this comment on Reddit:
>
>       "Because Espionage creates fake data for everyone, it is a fact
>       that at least some of the data on your drive is fake. Therefore
>       when you say "that data is fake", it's completely believable
>       that it is, because some of it is. We extensively document this
>       feature, so the interrogator knows, too, that your hard drive
>       is guaranteed to contain fake data."
>
> Plausible deniability is an interesting concept, but you know, if I'm
> the one tortuXXXXdeploying enhanced interrogation techniques against
> you because you have something I want very very badly, I'm not going to
> spend my coffee break RTFM'ing about Espionage.

Yes, you will.

If you want the data, you will read about Espionage and how it works. You have
no other choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRISmm3dpVw

Cheers,
Greg Slepak

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA.