>Robert Goodman wrote Travis Pahl as follows...

>> You completely mischarcterize the situation.  They want X amount of
>> spending rather than 1.1 times X.  However, given a choice between 1.1
>> times X and 0.1 times X, they'll take 1.1 times X.

>I for one really wish that you wouldn't do stuff like this, but
>we've been through this drill before.  Human actions, reactions,
>and social science isn't a matter of mathematical extrapolations
>or possibilities.  No wonder some people might be confused, as I
>certain am, in reading this jiberish.  I wonder how Travis got
>sucked into even answering something like this in the first
>place.

>Kindest regards,
>Frank

I tried putting it in words, but he didn't seem to get it, so I put it in
numbers.  Some of us are more comfortable that way; obviously Frank isn't,
sorry.

How's this: The general voting sentiment could be for A LITTLE LESS
spending (than otherwise), but given a choice between MORE spending and a
DRASTIC cut, they'll take the increase, because MORE is closer to A LITTLE
LESS than is MUCH MUCH LESS.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert in the Bronx