On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:15:33 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> your
>
> > r> Why is it not?  Before the step, X people are allowed to carry guns.
> > r> After the step, X + N people are allowed to carry guns, where N > 0.
> How
> > r> is that not a step in the right direction?
>
> >It drops you and me into 2nd-class citizen roles, or, "some are more equal
> >than others."
>
> So it's better for prohibitions to have no exceptions?  That's nuts.

Not really.  Creating different clases of citizens poses a much larger
threat than having all of share in our oppression equally.

> Or is your problem the fact that it's gov't employees who'd be given the
> exemption?  OK, what if instead a statute made it legal for all Chinese to
> carry guns without permits?  Or all members of the Elks?  Or all persons
> who do not have pets or children?

For a long time there were laws like what you are suggesting.  rather
than gun rights, it was right to go to the best schools, eat in the
best restaruants, drink for the best fountains, sit in the best part
of the bus, etc... they were rightly looked upon poorly.  giving only
one group the right to something is wrong and I will not support it
even if the alternative is that both do not get the right.  Government
enforce class systems are wrong and dangerous.

Travis