On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:46:53 -0800, Lowell C. Savage
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As if *ANYONE* (politician or otherwise) ever counts up the number of
> "non-votes" and says "gee, I'm not has legitimate as I thought."

I did not say that they did.  They most likely do not, but as others
do count them and point them out to the rest of the nation.

One thing you can be sure of however is they do count the number of
votes they DID get and brag about it as proof that they do have
support and should do what they think is right.  They do not say, oh i
got 35 million votes, but 23 million really do not like me and really
just hated the other guy even more.  They assume every vote they got
is an endorsement of their agenda.  If I can not even agree with them
on 50% of their agenda, why the hell would I want to give them the
idea that endorse the whole thing?

> Like I said, ego points.

Even if it is just ego points, it is better than take ego points for
myself than give ANYTHING to currupt evil politicians.