I might add the "Jim Cramer" rule.  (He's a financial/market commentator and
is the "Cramer" half of "Kudlow and Cramer".)  I name it after him, not
because he coined in this field, but because he inspired it.  He says on his
radio show that "I can't make you money if you lose money on a bad stock."
Well, applied here, that comes out as "You can't move ahead on freedom if
you move back."  Sometimes, in the stock market, you make a sale on
something that you lose money on.  But you make the sale anyway because if
you hang on to the stock, you lose even more.

Sometimes in politics, you vote for a guy/gal who will take away some
freedom because the only viable alternative is going to take away even more.

Lowell C. Savage
It's the freedom, stupid!
Gun control: tyrants' tool, fools' folly.