> So if you don't vote you aren't represented by the person you didn't vote
> for?
>
> Lowell C. Savage

When a representative votes for a patently unconstitutional victim
disarmament law, who is he representing?

When a politician votes for an omnibus spending bill that takes my money and
spends it on lint museums and other moronic pork projects,  who is he
representing?

Ain't none of the bastards has ever represented me, except maybe briefly by
accident.

And if you think they're up there legislating with your good in mind, you're
dreaming.

America is in the grips of a social evolution where a ruling class rules the
country for it's own benefit and to the detriment of the ruled.

This process has been going on essentially forever.  I have traced the
American Versions back to the 1750s (Read a biography of Ethan Allan,
there's an Amusing figure)

Since Lincoln the mercantilist trend in our country has grown ever stronger.
As my Mom used to say "He who has the gold makes the rules"

But until WWII this progression was diffuse and had sharp limits.

After WWII this country took a turn towards a centrally planned economy and
a centrally planned life style

This change has accelerated since the 1970s and now proceed with breath
taking speed.

And a lot of it is because "The People" want it that way.  They fear the
other.  The stupid other with a gun, the careless other with a car the
reckless other with drugs.

So they say "Control the other! More laws!"

So?  Screw 'em.  My rights were built into me by God as factory original
equipment.  Everyone on earth could vote unanimously and it still wouldn't
remove a single right God has built into me.

The United States Government is rapidly shedding and discarding all limits
on its power.  But I like the idea of a limited government myself.

I hope to see it one day.

--
Jay P Hailey ~Meow!~
MSNIM - jayphailey ;