On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 20:23 -0800, Frank Reichert wrote:

> I also took note earlier, that you had some mental problems with
> my description of Condom-loser Rice, suggesting that I might have
> a credibility problem here.

Can you prove she ever lost a condom? No? Today's gratuitous and
childish ad hominems brought to you by the letter F and the Third
Reichert Unimember Consortium. ;)

>   Well Lowell, I doubt I have a
> credibility problem at all, since everyone here ought to already
> know that I strongly oppose the current US regime in power in

Which in and of itself provides nor detracts from your credibility or
lack thereof. Your actions speak to your credibility. Your insistence
for years now to refer to people with whom you have a disagreement by
mangling their names, calling them names, and exhibiting other such
childish behaviour are debits against your credibility regardless of the
positions you take or oppose.

> this country, and believe equally as strongly that it is morally
> destitute in terms of US foreign policy, economic and domestic
> policy, and probably bordering on a fascist police state as we
> speak.
>
> Now, based upon what I just wrote, do you believe I might have a
> credibility problem here?  I believe YOU might have a credibility
> problem here since you seem to suggest that whoever manages to
> con their way into public office represents YOU!  They certainly
> DO NOT represent me if I didn't vote for the bastards in the
> first place.

They may not represent your values, but in the context of what is being
discussed, they do represent you. It's called a dictionary. it has words
and their meanings. Learn it, use it. Here's a start: www.dictionary.com

better yet, to save you some time:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=representative

Take a look at numbers 2 and 3:
"""
2. One that serves as a delegate or agent for another.
3.
   a. A member of a governmental body, usually legislative, chosen by
popular vote.
   b. A member of the U.S. House of Representatives or of the lower
house of a state legislature.
"""

By your apparent definition, Ron Paul could not be "YOUR representative"
because he doesn't reflect or espouse all of your views either.

Sounds a lot like a certain "Technocrat".