Bill Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in part:

>> Bill's saying that Frank has so disengaged his thinking from the facts
that
>> now all he's getting is his own echo, which he takes to be confirmation
of
>> facts.

>Dead on. I am quite pleased someone got that out of it. Combined with
>Dave seeing the humor, it's pretty darned cool. Thanks.

Well, I've been in that sort of situation before.  When I worked at
National Medical Care, Inc., Medical Product Div. (now defunct), at least
one assumption of fact I knew of made the rounds, and when it got back to
the person who was the first to say so in the dept. (and it's not clear who
that was), it was taken as confirmation.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert in the Bronx