Frank Reichert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in small part:

>So, I suspect that you are really offering a 'reactionary'
>adjunct to the 'Christmas story' evening showing up at all.
>Perhaps you don't like Christianity and have no use for it.

Although I'm not Christian, I find Christianity to be a somewhat
interesting topic with considerable relevance to LIBNW.  However, as to the
Christ story...

>believe is true and sacred.  It is the story in which America's
>most favourite holiday originated!

No, it's not.  Christianity originated (actually adapted & adopted) the
Christ story, not vice versa.  The story of Christ's birth has only a
little relevance to Christianity per se, and practically no relevance at
all to Christianity's impact on libertarian or authoritarian thinking.

There are or have been a great many religions that have or had the
equivalent of the Christ story.  However, that story has no correlation
with the significa of those religions on liberty.

However, if you want to see a contemporary TV series which repeats elements
of the Christ story many times, see "Smallville".  It abounds with Christs,
starting with the Jeremy Creek shown early in the premier, and including
Clark Kent.  It also portrays Prometheus, who is another Christ, and
Frankenstein, the modern Prometheus.  The show embodies those figures as
various characters.  "Smallville", created by master allusionists (as in
the movie "Shanghai Noon" and its successor "Shanghai Knights) Al Gough &
Miles Millar, is also chock full of references to other fictional &
real-world figures & stories.  They're brilliant at using one story to
retell other stories.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert