Good evening again, Dave!

Dave Laird wrote to Bill Anderson...

Bill Anderson wrote to Dr. E. Douglas Sheets:
> > Given that Frank has repeatedly encouraged such discussion, I don't
> > imagine you'll have much luck in convincing him to stop it.

To which, you replied:
> Especially after over a decade of encouraging it, no.

I don't know what to say anymore. Obviously Dr. Sheets will
either accept the fact that I support the notion that Christmas
has a direct historical, western, correlation with liberty, or he
will simply go away again, much as he has before. Which is fine.
That's his choice. But there is much more to this than that
obviously.

The discussions here revolving around Christmas IS on topic,
certainly for the most part, excepting Robert Goodman's
accusation that I have used the occassion for proslytising, which
I contend honestly, I have not, or at least have not intended to
do.  I still believe that the Christmas Story is the basis for
just about everything that substantiates Libertarian doctrine.
Without it, only mechanical exercises in human development seem
to explain how the history of liberty can be defined.

There is obviously a tremdous dychotomy here!  Mostly, humans are
bound in slavery, and most of that is to government through the
use of government force, often brutal force.

If you have followed my line of thought in defining what
Christmas is really all about, you will discover that the true
story of Christmas largely circumvents and ignores force,
particularly government force, with the Christ born in a humble
stable, and His visitors largely those who would certainly NOT be
associated with any government or royal creditation!

In other words, the Son of God was born not weilding a sword of
physical power to tople government, or to force anything upon
anyone!

How much MORE on topic can you get on a libertarian newsgroup
anyway, than taking the liberty and dicussing such things as a
nationally recognized holiday?  It's probably the most favourite
holiday season of the year in the lives of MOST Americans -- so I
would suggest, why shouldn't this season be an 'on topic'
discussion on a Libertarian newsgroup?

At any rate, I personally believe, and so others also have
chimmed in here, including yourself, that this topic is an open
topic for dicsussion here.  You and I have been presenting much
of the same material here for more than a decade without such
harsh accusations of subverting libertarian idealism as I've
encountered THIS YEAR!

So, I suspect at least, this will be weathered out here without
much fanfare over the coming week or so, and those of us will
again choose to agree to disagree on variances that take place in
bringing this topic before a wide audience.

Kindest regards,
Frank