Good morning, Frank...

Frank Reichert wrote:

> So, one thing to Spokane's credit may be that the City has chosen
> to bring in outside sources that might otherwise prove to be a
> point of conflict for both the City of Spokane and Spokane County
> to conduct an objective and unbiased investigation into the
> allegations surrounding revelations of the good mayor.
>
>> However, the issues you have noted are unquestionably valid. He is a
>> liar, a pedophile and a graceless hypocrite. As such, he has no business
>> remaining in public office.
>
> One might conclude such from the Spokesman-Review rag's
> sensationalistic front page coverage.  On the other hand, as a
> long time victim myself of said newspaper's journalistic
> objectivist acumen, I believe there might be more to the story
> that may eventually come to light once outside media sources have
> an opportunity to hopefully investigate some of the allegations.

I very much believe there may be more to the story that will eventually be
uncovered by the FBI, yes. Whether that bodes well for either the Cowles
or Jim West remains to be seen.

> Too bad the 'Local Planet' bit the dust, huh?

Oh, boy HOWDY! Having written several articles for them, I know that, at
one point, Editor/Owner Matt Spaur was aware of the allegations now being
made against West. However, neither he nor The Planet had the financial
wherewithal to fully investigate the rumors. Even in their heyday, before
Connye Miller, Matt's wife passed away unexpectedly, they were barely
meeting their expenses with the paper, as it is difficult to make headway
in this town where the Cowles dominate the advertising markets.

I'm also sure if the Planet were still alive and well, they certainly
would have gone public with some of the "behind-the-scenes" deals inherent
in the River Park Square settlement that our elected officials never
bothered to tell the public.

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random thought For the Minute:
You are fairminded, just and loving.