Travis Pahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:

>> Now, if you can show me that one or the other of these led to less-free
>> trade, then you've got a case.

>Show me it led to free trade and you have a case.

I just Googled for cato AND (nafta OR cafta) and got, not only CATO's, but
also Heartland's pronouncements.  They're ALL in favor!  Heartland's
headline on CAFTA is typical, to the effect that CAFTA's not perfect, but
is good.  CATO sings the praises of 10 years of NAFTA.

The trouble is, you complain that they're not perfect.  "Show me that it
led to free trade", i.e. total freedom in trade.  Hell, show me ANYTHING
that EVER led to FREE ANYTHING, in the sense of total freedom!!

The perfect is the enemy of the good.  However, CATO does tell you the
benefits of NAFTA over 10 years.  Paradise, no.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert