Travis Pahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I have not taken any official polls.  Niether have you.  Ron Paul
>ruitenly dismisses botha greements as a bad idea and unconstitutional.

Ron Paul is problematic and always has been, from a libertarian's
perspective.  He's big on national sovereignty and the Constitution, so
when those stand in the way of individual liberty he's on the wrong side.

> Nearly every libertarian group I am on has most all libertarians
>opposiing it.  The libertarians I have talked to in person generally
>oppose it as well.

>Most pundits have expressed support for it in as much as they support
>free trade but I have not seen many that support the specifics of
>either agreement.  I think they are more opposed to what the nafta and
>cafta critics say rather than actual being in favor of the agreements
>themselves.

Well, by definition, YOU are a NAFTA and CAFTA critic.  What is it about
what people like you say that they oppose?  Don't tell me because I already
know, having been around on this with NAFTA -- they say the same things
that I say: don't over-value national sovereignty, and don't let the
perfect defeat the good.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert