Quoting Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com>:

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen

Thinking a bit about this, another possibility would be to do with git-review
as we do with other external stuff:
Downloading and installing a local copy in "./download". That would ensure it
to be universally available and be up to date.

I know that michael disagree with me on that, but I prefer dev-tools
to be in ...  dev-tools.git
one can install it as he see fit. and you get the version you
want/need regardless where you are in the source tree...

Well to put it in dev-tool is much less painfull as to put it elsewhere.
Note this tool must be in your PATH! For all branches.
And even if you switch the branches and no matter what your current directory is,
you must be able to say:
git review --dry-run

that it.
But who is the person who will put it in dev-tools once and update it all the time?
(Last time i contributed to git-review was today morning).
But even if that person (not me) or some cron jobs continuously synchronize it, the user must still update it.

So the user must now periodically update dev-tool to get the fresh version
of git-review? But then what is the difference to say git pull dev-tools/git-review or

sudo apt-get update upgrade (place here your distro command)
or (*)
sudo pip install git-review
sudo pip install --upgrade git-review
sudo pip uninstall git-review