On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 08:57:01AM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> no it would not, because if I swith to branch 3-5... what version do I
> have then ?

If you switch -- the same. ./download would install it into solenv/bin, which
is not changed by git checkout. Also I would suggest to backport that to all
branches -- it wont affect the build anyway, so should be easy to review.

> not to mention have n-copy of it (I do have typically half-a dozen of
> clone of core...)... yeah the src directory can be share... still. I
> tend to do make clean a lot... so I would have to rebuild it every
> time to make sure it is there when I need it ?

Well, I doubt that small script is the right place to start to look of build
dir size. Even killing autodoc will help a lot more.

Best,

Bjoern