Hey Leah,

I think the points that Jakob listed may be able to help you. Often
problems in LDM's can be solved by restructuring the chain of command.
That said I can't say that I've ever had experienced these refresh
problems you are having. Probably the most extreme case of LDM testing
I've done is have 16 instances of an LDM on screen with each instance
containing 4 levels of nested LDMs each and somewhere down about the 4th
level a quicktime movie is running along with some other animation and
yes it all ran extremely slowly but it did run without crashing my
fairly modest system.

I've never applied the above depth with rewinding or ffwding ldm's so it
could be something in there that is causing the problem. Is this based
on code that I put up a while back? If you don't ever rewind or ffwd
does the problem occur? Does this happen with only one LDM or only with
multiple LDMs? Can you provide samples of your code or a sample movie
where this happens? If you can I wouldn't mind digging through it and
trying to figure out what is going on.

Let me know...

Rob