man, i'm just awake... after reading your reply, think i go back to bed....

i just wanted to say, that to move something physical from a computer you need at least 6 things.
1/ a computer compatible with chip
2/ a physical mechaniek with chip controlled movement. servo's
3/ a programmable ship
4/ a compiler/shell app for the chip language
5/ a software to load the program into the chip
6/ Great building skills, programming knowledge, lots time and money to spend...

since you say it has to be low budget but need to paint something i guess drawn into a computer,
you need then next to investments and trys and falls, also to design/program the app witch will send x,y,z, coordinates, pixel color size,pressure
exacte positioning system....

There are almost no impossible tasks, but some are just too "highrange", very very close to dreams.
except of course if point 6 is true.

As i've told you, wanted to "wire" my car and use electrical values coming from simple sensors as temp, oil presure.... load them into chip and then use them to build a griphical interface.... wel after reading a few text,sites, compatibilties problems.... No macromedia Robotarm team behind to write an editor as Director.... no relatively easy language as lingo but hard c or c++......came rapidly back to earth and enjoy now changing oil on mij car with a simple wrench .
Again, this is only my experience, i don't dougth your skills, patience etc... i'am just trying to warn you about the very loooooooooong path you are now enterering...

if you succeed, please let us know!

ho... almost forgot to add that you'll also need to invest in oilpaints, pencils, paper.. thinner to cleanup experiments....etc as well.

Fabrice

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> heeft op woensdag 20 november 2002 om 11:21 het volgende geschreven:

Check on the electronic side, i know there are some items using mac
driven ships to drive hardware. I wanted a while ago equip my car with a

mac interface for checkup/maintenance purposes. The ship were then only
programmable using pc's, en were driven via serial port

If i've a bit time, will look for the few links i've got on this. I can
remember that surprisingly prices were not that high.... at least for
romships, rewrite ones were a lot more expensive, also the amount of
external port per ships can have a very noticable influence on price...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-Most interesting...
Could mean a lot for remoted cameras, even on wheel or snowscooters, tools what
ever moving. The speed in processors are now leveled for a simple remote
controls, even on smaller portable PDA:s. The energy area for supporting is
coming allmost up...at least of some hours blanck free of any electricity
connections in cables at all. Lights also have reached sufficient low energy
needs in white diodes, highly effective at least for days in polar regions
winter-climates in ranging some meters away. Some 1,5 W diode gives same light
as 15 W old lightbulb. Which means you can see in darkness also in low energy
needs and without cables, anywhere on this planet where Internet has a
broadband cable in close reach, the rest of the way to the tool or vehicle
would go wireless. Shifting the working remote controller as the former goes
for sleep, is an advantage if you consider the planet in a whole perspective.
Would be even better off by satellites.. And this Iraqee war-decision destroyed
that opportunity with the Teledesic ITsat-applica. I'm trying to get it
restarted again... saudi arabians and USmilitary units involved in that messy
soup. The worse you can find just now.
Would consider a solution of replacing oil with deep drillings for geothermic
heat 2,5 km down by 2 holes splitted 1,5 km away of each other, as it is
allready a success in southern Sweden. As I guessed it would go after tipping
off some years ago. Didn't worked so good in shallow drilling -coolings
happened after a while..the bedrock was not warm continously in longer terms.
The goal is to warm up a city. 2 more are planned.
The rest would be set in the Mideastern area in an union created in between the
hysteric countries doing revanging operations day in and day out of useless
meanings. And the oil cease to have such an impact...finito in that evergoing
problem.

GPS is allready seen in maps of common things, needed for remotes... I probably
need that one too in due time. Some have allready got into that in town, and
done it.

Also a goed place to look for such things is 3d external scanners, those

devices are using reverse systems but based on same story. You could
then contact manufacturers...
3D-scanners ?! Interesting...

Wireless USB wildly guessing -not yet even seen ?
(don't even think of such modern stuff as wireless 'Bluetooth'+ USB in same
mounting of that stronger wider radio transmission type. Probably not yet..)

FREE E-MAIL IN 1 MINUTE!
- [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.pc.nu

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]