> Hope I'm not intruding:

Ditto.

Appears that every post in this thread is thoughtful, and quite correct.

But, Tom's thread-subject is *regional* Australia. And the original NBN
proposal (whomever the politician was that initially proposed and drove
the original NBN concept should be awarded a medal) included a wireless
and satellite component for regional Australia. Imho, Tom is being very
imaginative with this Link exploration of various and original regional
wireless modus-operandi conceptualizations.

Indeed, any newer wireless distribution ideas may well apply to ALL of
us Aussies, with this current government's NBN plans. Personally, I am
hoping for a above-gound cable compromise. Same speed but much cheaper.
Whatever I seriously doubt small country towns will even see ANY cable.

But, you too will only have NBN wireless yourselves, wherever you live.

So please guys & gals, encourage any and all left-field wireless ideas!

Cheers,
Stephen