> I don't disagree with  this...I guess my point is this...
> Linux is Unix....so we'll have a lot easier time winning over
> the Unix group
> on S/390 Linux.

Good.

> VM is  ??????....so we'll run into a roadblock when we try to
> win over the
> Unix group on this....

Actually, if you position it as "this is the partitioning manager you need
to deliver new instances", the Unix guys rarely blink at that. They'll have
to learn a partition manager for any system like this, and if you explain it
this way, they don't panic as much. Compare it to the Sun partition manager
for the E10K/E15K. That isn't Solaris admin, either -- it's a new utility
with some pretty ugly consequences if you misuse it. That gets their
attention and puts it in their terms.

-- db