I teach music on the side.  All my students want to know how to play well,
but don't want to practice.  Everyone wants experience and knowledge, but
are not willing to put out the effort to obtain it.

I went to SHARE 96 in Long Beach a little more than a year ago.  I remember
someone in one of the bigger VM sessions (It may have been someone from IBM,
or more likely from CA) saying that VM has a history of being unappreciated.
However, he predicted that within two or three years, someone who had
experience in both VM and Linux would be able to "name his own price" in the
the job market.  Looks like it may be starting to come true.  Companies want
the knowlege but won't put out the time or money for the training, but they
may be willing to pay for someone already trained.  If you start to get
offers, don't sell yourself cheap.

"You do not need a parachute to skydive.  You only need a parachute to
skydive twice."  -Motto of the Darwin Society
Gordon W. Wolfe, Ph.D.  (425) 865-5940
VM Technical Services, The Boeing Company