I am installing Marist/LINUX on an IBM Z800 in a Z/VM guest.

I am unable to ftp the root file system into the LINUX(page 116 of the
Linux for S/390 install/config).

I am unable to ping from my PC to the LINUX.

I am able to ping from the tcpmaint ID to the LINUX but it seems I can
not do this from outside of the mainframe.

Ping Level 520: Pinging host xx.xx.xx.60.

                Enter 'HX' followed by 'BEGIN' to interrupt.

PING: Ping #1 response took 0.001 seconds. Successes so far 1

Ready; T=0.03/0.04 09:04:07

This is my config from inside the LINUX.

ifconfig

ctc0      Link encap:Serial Line IP

          inet addr:xx.xx.xx.60  P-t-P:xx.xx.xx.62  Mask:255.255.255.255

          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1

          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100

Can you get a point to point connection to the external world?

>From the tcpmaint id in VM.

ifconfig -a

ETH0     inet addr: 10.1.1.62 mask: 255.255.255.0

         UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU: 1492

         vdev: 0014 rdev: 0014 type: QDIO ETHERNET portname: UNASSIGNED

         ipv4 router type: NONROUTER ipv6: DISABLED

         cpu: 0 forwarding: ENABLED

         RX bytes: 1423930 TX bytes: 8015

LI2000LNK inet addr: 10.1.1.62 P-t-P: 10.1.1.60 mask: 255.255.255.255

         UP BROADCAST MULTICAST POINTOPOINT MTU: 9216

         vdev: 2000 type: CTC portnumber: 0

         connects to: LINMSTR 2005

         cpu: 0 forwarding: ENABLED

         RX bytes: 75868 TX bytes: 31108

Ready; T=0.04/0.05 09:57:00

Is there any other parm I have to add to the TCPIP stack other then
devise,link,home,gateway, and start?

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="ARIAL">^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. Personal emails are restricted by policy of the State
Employees' Credit Union (SECU). Therefore SECU specifically disclaims any
responsibility or liability for any personal information or opinions of the
author expressed in this email.

</FONT>