>>> On Mon, Sep 3, 2007 at  5:48 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Evans, Kevin
R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> The story that I got from the FBI folks
> here that are working the Linux project on the mainframe tell me that
> the reason that we are using RHEL here is that IBM said that they
> supported both SLES and RHEL but recommended RHEL. I don't know at what
> level of IBM that recommendation came from.

Marian is right, IBM employees are not supposed to express any preference for
SLES or RHEL.  I believe the prohibition is contractual in nature, i.e., SUSE
(now Novell) and Red Hat wouldn't have agreed to the level of partnership they
have if favoritism would be shown.  (Being realistic, I know that it happens,
and usually to the benefit of Novell, but it really isn't supposed to happen.)
Some of IBM's other business partners are starting to sign similar agreements
with both distribution providers, and their people are being told the same
thing: talk about technical stuff all you like, but don't recommend one over
the other so the customer is the one making the decision.