From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Marian Gasparovic
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 9:26 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Adding dasd with Red Hat

Kevin,
it is strange, IBM should not give recommendations on
one vendor over another. We all have our preferences,
but I am strongly forbidden to tell customer which
distribution to use. The only difference is if the
support matrix shows support only for one vedor, which
happens from time to time.

Marian Gasparovic
IBM Slovakia

--- "Evans, Kevin R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I'm glad that this worked for you (and those people
> here that you
> obviously help). I think that RH should maybe learn
> from this, but seems
> to me that they haven't yet. The story that I got
> from the FBI folks
> here that are working the Linux project on the
> mainframe tell me that
> the reason that we are using RHEL here is that IBM
> said that they
> supported both SLES and RHEL but recommended RHEL. I
> don't know at what
> level of IBM that recommendation came from. We have
> certainly seen
> issues here with which version of MQ Series we run
> under z/OS vs which
> version is supported under Linux with RHEL. We try
> to keep the same
> version across the board (which hasn't been possible
> yet).
>
> Kevin

 Marian Gasparovic
"The mere thought hadn't  even  begun  to speculate about the merest
possibility of crossing my mind."

that gives answers, not web links.