From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 11:33 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Adding dasd with Red Hat

>>> On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at  9:36 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Summerfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -snip-
> It might be on his job
> description, but probably not, he's here because he likes helping.

When I first hired into the Linux Impact Team at Novell, I made sure
that it would be on my job description.  (At EDS, I was expected to get
my real job done on top of whatever I did on my own time.  Thanks to my
co-workers picking up a lot of the slack, that was easier than it would
have been otherwise.)

My new job doesn't include this as part of it, but my manager is one of
those that believes in doing what is right for the company, even if it's
not part of his particular charter.  (I've run into a number of those
here, by the way.  _Very_ refreshing.)  The team that is officially
responsible for fielding problems view me as more of a help than a
bother, so we get along well.  If I get something wrong, they know how
to call me and set me straight.  If they think I can help them on
something, they don't hesitate to contact me.  All of which is largely
what I hoped for when I joined Novell.