Interesting that Google was in the news earlier this week investing in
renewable energy in part to deal with the mounting energy costs related to
their datacenters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/technology/28google.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 27 - Google, the Internet company with a seemingly
limitless source of revenue, plans to get into the business of finding
limitless sources of energy.

The company, based in Mountain View, Calif., announced Tuesday that it intended
to develop and help stimulate the creation of renewable energy technologies
that are cheaper than coal-generated power.

Google said it would spend hundreds of millions of dollars, part of that to
hire engineers and energy experts to investigate alternative energies like
solar, geothermal and wind power. The effort is aimed at reducing Google's own
mounting energy costs to run its vast data centers, while also fighting climate
change and helping to reduce the world's dependence on fossil fuels.

Jon Nolting
EPG Compete - CATM
Enterprise Technology Architect
(425) 707-9334 (O)