One of my personal fantasies is to run zOS under Hercules on an OQO.
Licensing issues aside, THAT would be cool!

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Alan Cox
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 8:18 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Linux community, was Re: Demo of OpenSolaris
running on Systemz

> accumulator patterns in the proper DEC colors. Includes REAL Emacs,
and
> most of the DEC languages (Bliss, C, COBOL, Fortran, etc) that
survived.

As they used to say "Bliss is ignorance" ;)

> I have it running on my handheld -- full-on OPCOM and Galaxy batch in
> shirt pocket. Now that's personal automation. 8-)

I used to have Hercules running on an IBM PC-110 (handheld PC). Not
terribly useful but very good for "This is the new S/390 portable" mind
games with sales people.

Alan

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.