> Just how peculiar can the termcap entries on Linux be?

Very. See the one for the vt420 or any of the Televideo terminals. I can
partially excuse the TVI termcaps -- they were jerks about allowing
distribution of a proper termcap entry at several points during their
existence -- but there's zero excuse for the DEC entries to be
semi-functional. The IBM 3151 entries are pretty spotty as well.

The ADDS entries are left over from BSD. I blame easy access to drugs,
personally. 8-)

-- db