>       We aren't running VM,

You really should fix that. But, anyway. 8-)

e0.0.0E200,0.0.E201,0.0.E202
> > addr
> > tried

That version of CentOS is probably old enough that it still requires a
portname for the OSA port to initialize correctly. There were later RPM
packages for the OSA drivers that removed that "feature". If you're
using an OSA that is shared with a z/OS system, the portnames have to
match for all systems using that OSA.

Is this a base Centos 4 install, or did you apply any maintenance to it?