I liked VX-Rexx. I had it set up to use CPI-C (this was pre-TCP/IP for me)
to talk to CMS. It would accept commands on the OS/2 app and have the
command executed on the CMS user. There was a separate window for each type
of output (CP, VM, EMSG, IMSG, SMSG). It was interesting albeit not very
useful. Using VX-Rexx was rather friendly.