On Saturday 23 Aug 2008, Marcy Cortes wrote:
> With the defaults, your going to get all the patches from GA, SP1, and
> SP2 plus the ones to take you from each of the levels to the other.
> That'll be like 12G of stuff.
> If you're already SP2 (either installed from that media or upgraded with
> the DVD image), just pull the ones for SP2+.  Change YUP_SP_SUBCHANNELS
> to "-Updates" and YUP_SUBVERSIONS to "SP2".

I finally managed to workout how to download individual rpms. You ignore any
pages mentioning patches - that's a trick. Go to the main download page and
it will work as long as you are logged in, unfortunately it logs you out
after a very short period of inactivity without any warning. So the s390x
entries kept on disappearing!

Anyway, I installed the new kernel which does have 3270 support build in but
the behavior was exactly the same as with the previous kernel. I think we
need a better manual...

-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling