Patrick Spinler wrote:
Specifically, I'd like to be able
to remotely query various dirmaint functions for capacity reporting
purposes (e.g. dirmaint dirmap, dirmaint user nopass)

Ergo, I've looked at pigiron.  Unfortunately, the SMAPI doesn't quite
fit what I'm wanting in this circumstance.

Do you mean SMAPI itself or the SMAPI client in PigIron?

SMAPI can itself be extended in Rexx and PigIron mapped to such extension.

My idea in PigIron was that SMAPI + PigIron might end up being what the
i/OS services over TCP/IP + JTOpen is to iSeries. Except you can't
practically extend
the servers on i/OS but you can on z/VM SMAPI.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # I run for public office from time to time. It's like
http://www.well.com/~jax # working out at the gym, you sweat a lot, don't get