Alan Altmark wrote:
On Friday, 01/16/2009 at 08:07 EST, Patrick Spinler
<spinler.patr...@mayo.edu> wrote:

  Specifically, I'd like to be able
to remotely query various dirmaint functions for capacity reporting
purposes (e.g. dirmaint dirmap, dirmaint user nopass)

When SMAPI was originally written, it had a generic command interface in
it.  We ripped it out specifically to prevent apps from being written that
were dependent on a specific directory manager.

Which does not prevent the user from writing their own command
interface, since SMAPI is easy to extend on the Host side.

Also, Alan, /who/ would write apps dependent on a specific dirm?
Is someone other than IBM writing apps based on SMAPI (other
than yours truly?) I ask in profound ignorance of vendor space
and app space in the VM world.

BTW, I've discovered Google Web Toolkit and am beginning to code
a PigIron/SMAPI-based VM operations navigator as a "Web 2.0"-style AJAX
up using GWT. Very cool.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # I run for public office from time to time. It's like
http://www.well.com/~jax # working out at the gym, you sweat a lot, don't get