wrote:
> Looks like this is going to be ugly. We booted on of our servers and the
> logical volume was corrupted and I got dropped down to the Repair Filesystem
> prompt. One big problem is /usr is empty so none of the logical volume
> commands are availably.

They're not in /sbin?  Are you getting to the point that the root file system
is mounted, or are you still in the initrd?  I.e., is your root file system an
LV, or not?  If it's an LV, then you'll need to reboot from your installation
kernel and initrd, or whatever other rescue system Red Hat provides.  And then
for all future builds, remember to not have "/" be an LV.