On 5/11/09 7:33 PM, "Gibney, Dave" <gib...@wsu.edu> wrote:

>    I may have some interest in zLinux around here. The usual caveat of
> [snip]
>   Good idea? Or am I making it more complicated than I need to?
> Dave Gibney
> Information Technology Services
> Washington State University

Well, it would certainly be cool to have WSUVM1 alive again...8-)

Given WSU's historical relationship with IBM, I would suspect that if you
asked IBM for a loaner copy of z/VM, one would appear for a long period of
time. I think that while you *could* do VM->LPAR, it would probably be less
hassle and more productive to try to negotiate a long-term loan.

-- db