On Sat, 16 May 2009 21:59:10 -0700 Gibney, Dave said:

>  In the few moments I can spare from keeping our z/OS system going and
>maintained (I'm still running 1.7 in the important LPARs), I need to
>show that Oracle (database and applications(ERP will likely be Banner or
>Peoplesoft) runs well on zLinux and that zLinux under zVM is cost
>effective in a major way over HP or Sun or other Intell farms.

We are currently running Banner ERP with the app server on System p, and
the Oracle DB on System z Linux.  We are in the process of porting
the app server to z also.  If you don't have an Oracle site license,
the savings could end up paying for your z/VM license and more.  My boss
also talks about the savings he was able to make in a reduced number of
p boxes that would pay for the z/VM license.

Feel free to drop me a line

/ahw