Completely agree with you ..    I might make an exception if the only FCP
use is for z/VM to supply EDEVICEs -- but I haven't seen an EDEVICE-only
implementation yet myself - it's always in combination with some guest
attached FCPs.     I have had a hard time explaining FCP/NPIV to mainframe
storage teams who don't quite grok FCP subchannels and SAN zoning - and are
used to FICON/DASD..      For the most part, our non-NPIV use comes from
customers who set things up that way from the start, and aren't willing to
do go through a conversion.

Scott Rohling